Today’s video is about an extremely helpful Google Chrome Extension called Watch Doc. With this extension, you will be notified any time someone edits a Google Doc that you share with them. Many people have asked if Google Docs comes with this functionality. Though the native Google Docs does not alert you when someone edits a Doc, Watch Doc does a good job of adding this functionality as a third-party app. I think this is one of the more useful Chrome Extensions and I think you’ll find it to be very helpful.
Things to know about Watch Doc
- You can find Watch Doc in the Chrome Web Store.
- Once you download it, you will see the icon pop up on the top right of your Chrome page
- If you click on the Watch Doc Icon, it will show you a list of all of the recent edits to the Documents that you are shared with you
- When someone edits a Doc, you will be notified on the bottom right side of your screen
- You can change settings to remove the desktop notifications, and you can also choose which types of documents you want to be alerted about